• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 297
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 69
  • Total: 69
  • Bingbot
aliexpress
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

What bemused you today?

Started by greypoint, August 24, 2009, 07:51:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

irv_b

I haven't looked for a long time and really have no desire to ???
My Gallery

Don't count the days "Guest," make the days count!.

Oldboy

The 850 billion pounds bailout for the banks is going to cost each of us in this country £14,000 so, you better start saving now!  >:( :'(

magicrhodes

Quote from: Oldboy on December 04, 2009, 10:48:16 PM
The 850 billion pounds bailout for the banks is going to cost each of us in this country £14,000 so, you better start saving now!  >:( :'(

WE could have kick started the economy if they had given us £14,000 each... new lens, new bike etc

oRGie

Quote from: magicrhodes on December 05, 2009, 06:34:47 PM
Quote from: Oldboy on December 04, 2009, 10:48:16 PM

WE could have kick started the economy if they had given us £14,000 each... new lens, new bike etc

here here  :tup: :beer:

greypoint

Just watched a programme called Hop. Skip and Jump on the BBC Iplayer about British children at play from the early 1900s through to the early 1960s. How did we ever survive?? The bit about collecting German incendiary bombs the day after a night of air raids during WW2 was interesting! Worth a look for those who remember the days before kids were driven everywhere and health and safety took over - I think it's called survival of the fittest :2funny:

skellum

I saw the program last night it brought back memories of by brother and I playing in the street in the 60s on our home made ( Trollys ) or carts made from old pram wheels & scrap wood.
Lots of fun and lots of bumps and scrapes but no one cared you were a sissy if you ran home to mum everytime you scraped your knee or elbow or worse in fact I would have been in more touble for scraping the toes of my shoes............ :legit:

Hinfrance

Just received a 'special offer' from Adobe. I can buy Elements 8 and Premier Elements for £79.92, or if I would rather, I can buy an upgrade licence for £94.07.

Pretty standard Adobe logic there.  ;D
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

magicrhodes

Quote from: greypoint on December 09, 2009, 08:35:50 PM
I think it's called survival of the fittest :2funny:

May I direct you to the Darwin Awards which I think have been made into a TV show called "1000 ways to die!"

Hinfrance

On the school run this afternoon I overtook a relatively slow moving old Renault 21 that was weaving about a bit. As I glanced over at the driver I saw the reason - he was reading (if that's the right word) a girlie mag, which he had opened across the steering wheel.

Good grief.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

picsfor

Quote from: Tringle WP on December 11, 2009, 04:09:48 PM
Good grief.

I suspect the drivers words were more along the lines of 'Good Read'   ::)
I could descend into further innuendo but this is a responsible site...

picsfor

A common local gaff i'm told - but it doesn't make it any better.
We visited the Devils Dyke today for a spot of lunch and because we enjoy the view (as per my posted picture today entitled 'The Downs').
It sits at the top of the South Downs and provides a spectacular view whilst eating.
As we sat waiting for the food, sipping a drink - my wife says "Where's that pub we sometimes go to at the bottom of the hill?"
Innocently i replied, pointing with my finger, "That's Fulking down there..." - to which the surrounding area of tourists all gasped at my outburst.  :-[ :-[ :-[
It took me several seconds to realise my gaff - 'Fulking' is the name of the village in which the pub my wife was referring to is located!

Oh to be back in Suffolk - no silly names there!

spinner

Quote from: picsfor on December 11, 2009, 04:48:42 PM
A common local gaff i'm told - but it doesn't make it any better.
We visited the Devils Dyke today for a spot of lunch and because we enjoy the view (as per my posted picture today entitled 'The Downs').
It sits at the top of the South Downs and provides a spectacular view whilst eating.
As we sat waiting for the food, sipping a drink - my wife says "Where's that pub we sometimes go to at the bottom of the hill?"
Innocently i replied, pointing with my finger, "That's Fulking down there..." - to which the surrounding area of tourists all gasped at my outburst.  :-[ :-[ :-[
It took me several seconds to realise my gaff - 'Fulking' is the name of the village in which the pub my wife was referring to is located!

Oh to be back in Suffolk - no silly names there!

Bet you felt a right Fulking idiot. :legit:
And more, much more than this, I did it my way
Ol' blue eyes

http://ddsdigita4.wix.com/ddsdigital
https://www.flickr.com/photos/spin498/

picsfor

without a doubt.
The tittering off the waiting staff didn't help - nor did the party of oriental tourists amazed at my  'apparent outburst'
Pictures of 'Fulking Village' will follow!

Nearly as bad as when i was in Brussels with a colleague driving around looking for our hotel.
"Where are we?" says my colleague, and he looked over for an answer and said (before i could answer) said "What's up?"
"Kunts Wet" i replied in my best Suffolk drawl.

A heated conversation ensued until i was able to explain that "Kunts Wet" was the part of Belgium where are hotel was located!

greypoint

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1235194/BBCs-secret-league-talent-reveals-bosses-REALLY-think-highly-paid-stars.html

When you look at this list and think how much they get paid and how many [for me anyway!] have the 'quick must switch off factor' is'nt the state of factual TV depressing?

Hinfrance

A neighbour, who works as a jobbing gardener found a 35mm Pentax in a client's shed. The client didn't want it, so neighbour tries to sell it to me. It's damaged and has one of Pentax's worst ever lenses on it. He looked quite crestfallen when I told him it was worthless. Bless.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.