CHAT - A LITTLE BIT OF HI...ENTRY THREAD - Something ...CHAT thread - Something M...Poll for ???scapephoto won't uploadENTRIES - A LITTLE BIT OF...Err codeWeekly COMP: ENTRIES - ??...Weekly COMP: CHAT - ???SC...Poll for New LifeInfluential pictures. CHAT THREAD – NEW LIFEENTRIES THREAD – NEW LIFEPoll - Street FoodInspiring Image 13/5/2017Windows 10 Creators Editi...

Author Topic: What annoyed you today?  (Read 395053 times)

Offline Oldboy

Re: What annoyed you today?
« Reply #3675 on: April 26, 2017, 08:01:19 PM »
Got a problem with one of my NAS drives - I can get into it via the web admin page and FTP, but can't get in as a windows share  - I get this error "the local security authority database contains an internal inconsistency" - same on two computers so don't think it is the windows boxes, but the NAS.

Now, having just rebooted it, it is now working - but still not sure if I should be concerned or not !

It appears to be a known error to do with the registry file. Try this link: http://errorfixfree.com/the-local-security-authority-database-contains-an-internal-inconsistency-windows-7/

Offline anglefire

• Canon Biggamist. Four bodies and some lenses. :)
  • Canon Owner and Proud of it :)
    • Mark Colston Photography
« Reply #3676 on: April 29, 2017, 08:57:17 AM »
It was a NAS problem - a reboot sorted it. Problem now is that it has 0 bytes free. I'm trying to free up enough stuff that is basically garbage to allow the back up to continue (I still have a cloud backup, so not a current issue)
----------------------------------
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Offline Jediboy

« Reply #3677 on: May 01, 2017, 09:54:43 AM »
I put my camera into a local shop for a sensor clean a few weeks ago and its dirty again already. Not convinced that they did it properly.  >:(
May the Force be with you.

Chris

Offline anglefire

« Reply #3678 on: May 01, 2017, 01:02:49 PM »
That reminds me, I must clean the sensor on my 1Dx  - its not been done since I bought it - and its done about 42k shots. And it is very dirty - which would be a big problem is I did more landscapes, but most of my shots are taken wide open or not so stopped down to show too much!
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Offline Jediboy

« Reply #3679 on: May 01, 2017, 09:54:26 PM »
I quite enjoy landscapes and it's causing me a problem. I should have a go at cleaning it myself but I'm not brave enough.
May the Force be with you.

Chris

Offline anglefire

« Reply #3680 on: May 02, 2017, 07:29:44 AM »
I cleaned my 350D and 5D myself - can't remember if I did the 1D mk3 or not - possibly, but not often - went back to Canon a couple of times, once for warranty and once to repair the shutter when a sub 5p screw fell out (I know it was 5p or less, cos it was itemised on the bill!)
Mark

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Offline Oldboy

« Reply #3681 on: May 05, 2017, 08:35:59 AM »
It appears that some police are still chasing people with cameras.  :(

From the Daily Mail online: A professional photographer was arrested under the Terrorism Act by an over-zealous civilian officer for taking a picture of Hove Town Hall from a public street in what the detainee called a total abuse of power.
Eddie Mitchell, who has worked in the South East for 18 years, was outside Brighton and Hove City Council's building in East Sussex snapping a routine general shot.
He was apprehended by a woman who waved a Sussex Police lanyard in his face and demanded to know what he was doing this afternoon.
As Mr Mitchell tried to explain to the woman that he was merely doing his job, he said the civilian officer and her colleagues desperately scrambled to pin something on him - and ended up seizing his equipment under the Terrorism Act.

:uglystupid2:

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4474974/Photographer-arrested-terror-picture-town-hall.html#ixzz4gBg6AI7b

Offline Hinfrance

• Global Moderator
  • Cake is good
    • Hinfrance
« Reply #3682 on: May 05, 2017, 10:48:21 AM »
Tree pollen.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Offline anglefire

« Reply #3683 on: May 05, 2017, 11:29:55 PM »
It appears that some police are still chasing people with cameras.  :(

From the Daily Mail online: A professional photographer was arrested under the Terrorism Act by an over-zealous civilian officer for taking a picture of Hove Town Hall from a public street in what the detainee called a total abuse of power.
Eddie Mitchell, who has worked in the South East for 18 years, was outside Brighton and Hove City Council's building in East Sussex snapping a routine general shot.
He was apprehended by a woman who waved a Sussex Police lanyard in his face and demanded to know what he was doing this afternoon.
As Mr Mitchell tried to explain to the woman that he was merely doing his job, he said the civilian officer and her colleagues desperately scrambled to pin something on him - and ended up seizing his equipment under the Terrorism Act.

:uglystupid2:

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4474974/Photographer-arrested-terror-picture-town-hall.html#ixzz4gBg6AI7b

Not even police officers, but a civi. To be fair he could have probably solved it by giving his name, but it may be her attitude was such that he decided to play by the rules.
Mark

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Offline anglefire

« Reply #3684 on: May 06, 2017, 05:33:37 AM »
Going to work. :(
Mark

CPS Gold Member
My Website

latest Posts

Subject Board Views/Replies Member Date & Time
xx CHAT - A LITTLE BIT OF HISTORY 21-28th May 2017 International Weekly Comp Entries 285/5 Jediboy Last post May 28, 2017, 08:06:54 PM
xx ENTRY THREAD - Something Modern 27 May - 4 June International Weekly Comp Entries 24/0 Jediboy Last post May 28, 2017, 08:00:22 PM
xx CHAT thread - Something Modern 27 May - 4 June International Weekly Comp Entries 21/0 Jediboy Last post May 28, 2017, 07:59:16 PM
xx Poll for ???scape International Weekly Comp Entries 239/6 Jediboy Last post May 28, 2017, 07:54:04 PM
xx photo won't upload General Photography 102/3 Beryl Last post May 27, 2017, 07:03:10 PM
xx ENTRIES - A LITTLE BIT OF HISTORY 21st-28th May 2017 International Weekly Comp Entries 107/2 Simple Last post May 26, 2017, 07:09:36 PM
xx Err code Photography Techniques and how to's 424/11 jinky Last post May 25, 2017, 08:55:07 PM
xx Weekly COMP: ENTRIES - ???SCAPE - 14th - 21st May 2017 International Weekly Comp Entries 336/7 Oldboy Last post May 22, 2017, 07:38:00 PM