• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 178
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 97
  • Total: 97
  • Bingbot
parkcameras
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

What bemused you today?

Started by greypoint, August 24, 2009, 07:51:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reinardina

Serious dating site for hetero males, and lesbians only?

Where did they get the 'Real Female Profiles'?

(Sorry, I have never mastered a screenshot)

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Reinardina

"Actor who played baby Oscar in Ghostbusters ..." (Fox news)

It's a sad story, about a young man committing suicide, but I could not help wondering how an actor manages to play a baby.

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Oldboy

Reading a storm warning on Net Weather today and it started with the below paragraph?

A slow-moving and increasingly negatively-tilted long-wave upper trough will overspread much of western Europe, including the UK, within this upper trough an upper vortex will slide east across the UK.  ???

jinky

Quote from: Oldboy on June 28, 2017, 11:41:47 AM
Reading a storm warning on Net Weather today and it started with the below paragraph?

A slow-moving and increasingly negatively-tilted long-wave upper trough will overspread much of western Europe, including the UK, within this upper trough an upper vortex will slide east across the UK.  ???

= It's going to leak it down

StephenBatey

I just made one of my infrequent visits to the Amateur Photographer site, and took the quiz designed to show how well you know you're (sic) photographic history. For some reason, the first question I was presented with was the first question in the photography general knowledge quiz http://www.amateurphotographer.co.uk/latest/photo-news/quiz-well-know-youre-photography-history-109543. I found the possible answers bewildering...

What might you do with a quick release plate?

Put it in front of your lens
Attach it to the bottom of your camera
Nikon
Canon

Both income tax and lockdowns were introduced as temporary measures by the government.

Alfonso_Frisk

http://www.fluidr.com/photos/nosmo_king2007
http://www.seateamimages.com/search.php
Wine improves with age, The older I get the more I like it.

StephenBatey

5 out of 7 if I remember correctly. :legit:
Both income tax and lockdowns were introduced as temporary measures by the government.

Alfonso_Frisk

http://www.fluidr.com/photos/nosmo_king2007
http://www.seateamimages.com/search.php
Wine improves with age, The older I get the more I like it.

StephenBatey

From memory, the questions revolved more around equipment than photography; and at least half of my answers were (at best, informed) guesses. I'm not up on modern equipment; once I arrived at a camera and lenses etc. that met my needs I stopped reading reviews etc.

I don't know what half the modern acronyms on lenses mean, and still have trouble remembering (actually, I don't remember at all!) whether in Nikon's world FX means Full Frame and hence DX is Demi Frame, or whether DX means Double Frame (which in APS terms makes it about full frame) and therefore FX means something else that I can't even guess at...

I expected photographic history to revolve around things like date of first photograph; inventor of dry plates; first colour photographs; first night photos; etc. etc. I should have known better.  :'(

Hinfrance

I got 6/7, because I made a bad guess about AP magazine's age. Hey ho. I knew the rest though, no guessing involved.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

jinky

Same as you with same error H

Jediboy

That's quite a photo Oldboy.
May the Force be with you.

Chris

anglefire

Interesting shot - wish I'd have taken it - but would never claim a shot was mine if it wasn't!
----------------------------------
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.