• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 158
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 138
  • Total: 138
  • Google
parkcameras
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

What annoyed you today?

Started by greypoint, August 13, 2009, 07:52:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Graham

Top Totty.
                  Your French is excused. And well done on not letting them intimidate you. >:(
                              Graham.  :)
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

spinner

Quote from: top totty on August 29, 2009, 12:04:02 PM
Thanks Oldboy. it turns out they offer their services to shops with carparks, don't charge them for doing the service but keep all the profits for themselves. The thieving bas....ds are not getting a penny off me (I really am trying to remain ladylike) so excuse my french :)

Well, hope they don't try what some companies do in the states. They actually tow your car away from the carpark and hold it for ransom til they get money. We had somebody try that here for a bit, fortunately the gov't came down on them pretty hard and it stopped.
And more, much more than this, I did it my way
Ol' blue eyes

http://ddsdigita4.wix.com/ddsdigital
https://www.flickr.com/photos/spin498/

Zenmer

Bl**dy long lost relatives turning up and causing trouble  >:( >:( >:(
Two things are infinite : the universe and human stupidity; I'm not sure about the universe

greypoint

spending the evening putting up the tents for our charity dog show tomorrow - why is it always so bloomin' windy when you're trying to put the top and sides on?!

Oldboy

Quote from: greypoint on August 29, 2009, 08:59:50 PM
spending the evening putting up the tents for our charity dog show tomorrow - why is it always so bloomin' windy when you're trying to put the top and sides on?!
Even worse trying to take shots of insects with a macro lens.  :'(

greypoint

My 70-300mmvr now vibrates every time I press the shutter button- quite spectacular when you look through the viewfinder ::) Even with vr shut off - looks like a repair might be in the offing :(

Oldboy

Quote from: greypoint on August 30, 2009, 07:16:05 PM
My 70-300mmvr now vibrates every time I press the shutter button- quite spectacular when you look through the viewfinder ::) Even with vr shut off - looks like a repair might be in the offing :(
My 70-200mm started doing that after it got a good soaking once, but it stopped after a few days. Try sticking on a radiator to dry it out.  :tup:

ABERS

Going to see my grandsons play football today and learning that a lad that used to play in the same team as my eldest grandson has just come back from Afghanistan minus a leg and half a hand.

A boy that always had a cheery smile, impeccable manners and great fun to be with, has his life shattered for a futile and unwinnable war. I'm so angry.

Graham

Very sad that Alan.
                           We only hear about the poor souls who get killed. Never the ones who return maimed and scarred for the rest of their lives.
                           We can only hope he and those like him get well looked after.
                                           Graham.
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

daisiemaetulip

writing a big post on here yesterday// and today its not here.. i guess i missed a button somewhere!  :-\

greypoint

daisiemaetulip

lol, well i was moaning about all sorts of stuff.. people leaving a litter of beautiful little fluffballs at the rescue center.. neutering is often free if on benefits but ... anyway, that and the main issue was that the wh*** that my ex husband is living with is booked in for a hernia on the same day, same time and same ward as me for my gall bladder removal! ex hubbys response??

well it will save petrol at visiting time!   :doh:  :D

oh and paying 48 quid for flea treatment for the cats and seeing them all still scratching! ... although today(a couple of days later) they seem flea free!

Sarasocke

Talking about fluffballs .... my colleague over at the shelter in Romania posted that we now have 104 puppies between the ages of a couple of days and 3 months. We're desperately trying to find the funds to start a neutering centre.
Carol aka Sarasocke 
My Gallery

stevebedder

The house selling process.....

We put our house on the market not too long ago and were very lucky to find a buyer within a very short period of time. That was a good day.

Since accepting the offer it seems everything relating to the selling process is backwards. We paid for the HIP to be done before we put the house on the market expecting it to tell us and prospective buyers everything they need to know about the house, only to now find that we have to pay for further checks\surveys etc that the HIP didn't tell us. Whats the point of a HIP if it doesn't tell you anything constructive?!?!

Today I've had to shell out £140 for a guy to come round and tell us that that regulations state we need to have a hole in the wall for ventilation just in case anything goes wrong with the gas fire even though it has been working perfectly for over 10 years, is regularly serviced and the chimney is working perfectly and doing exactly the job it is designed to do!! Windows, doors and chimneys don't count as ventilation. The guy even said that people have the ventilation holes to conform with regulations, but then block them up as all they actually do is let heat out and cold in!!!

I could go on but shan't, it's a process I don't plan on repeating again soon as IMO it is so antiquainted!!!

Steve

Trickee

The HIP is a complete rip off and a money making scam--- i have had a property on the market for over a year and as far i know i don't have any kind of vent-god more expense---you would have thought the HIPS would have covered this. i know my mum and dad have one and it delivers a nice draft round your legs. :)

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.