• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 136
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 112
  • Total: 112
parkcameras
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

Gender Bender

Started by Reinardina, February 28, 2017, 07:49:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reinardina

You have to be so careful these days, when mentioning someone's gender. It is so easy to get it wrong, and insult someone.

The Mirror (on the MSN UK news feed) keeps the options open, as it reports the following today:

QUOTE: A British girl is battling for his life UNQUOTE

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Beaux Reflets

I often read sentences like that when an article has been auto translated from French to English  ;)
:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

DigiDiva

Makes you wonder why they have an editor....
Please visit my website @ www.sunderlandwallart.com

Reinardina

Do they still have editors? Even in the broad sheets, you regularly come across things that should have been picked up before printing. Often they seem to be corrections, where sentences have been changed, and not all the 'wrong' words deleted.

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

StephenBatey

I don't think that they do. Our local paper seems to be produced with the aid of a spelling checker, and if a sentence gets through that, it's OK even if it's incomplete or contains two or more versions of the text conflated. Finding an article terminated in mid sentence isn't unusual. Today's edition had a page of photos of some event, with the exact same photo printed twice, one below the other. Not verbal, but again easily seen if anyone actually looked.
Both income tax and lockdowns were introduced as temporary measures by the government.

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.