• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 137
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 144
  • Total: 144
wex
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

Go Pro

Started by Jediboy, March 16, 2017, 01:19:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jediboy

Hi,

I have had to return two faulty Go pros recently and and now am now about to buy a third, however a new range is out.

Does anyone here have any experience of the current range of Go Pro models? Can't decide at the moment between the Hero 5 Black or the Session.
Any thoughts appreciated.
Also, what software do you use to edit video?

Thanks

Chris
May the Force be with you.

Chris

Simple

Had the Go-Pro hero 4 Black, went faulty 3 times. Had to exchange every time, in the end requested money back. Better off with a Chinese copy for a 1/5th of the price.

Jediboy

I think you may well be right there. My boys have cheap knock offs and they don't seem to have any problems. They are cheap and not as good but so far they seem reliable - which is more than I can do about the Go Pro.

Chris

Hinfrance

On a whim I bought a Lidl copy ages ago. It was cheap, although not rock bottom, and it works well enough. It has no built in screen (told you it was ages ago) and the wifi only works with older versions of Android. But as I am not big on sporting activities it suffices on the rare occasions I get it out of the cupboard.

I did get a cheap knock off one to take on holiday last year. The still image quality was appalling, the video not much better, and I sold it to cash converters as soon as I got back. The Lidl one works so much better.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Jediboy

Just a quick update;

Purchased the Go Pro Hero 5 Black in the end. Took it away on holiday and got on really well with it. Very pleased. Easy to use and the footage it records is excellent. Planning on using it for some projects I have in mind.
Chris

Chris

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.