• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 249
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 231
  • Total: 231
7ds
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

INCONGRUOUS CHAT Weekly competition 24 January-1 February 2015

Started by Reinardina, January 24, 2015, 12:15:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reinardina

Not happy with scooter shot, so here is my new entry. May find something else today as I'm going out with the camera, on a proper 'photo walk.'

Long Necks

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Reinardina

Couldn't find the 'drowning car;' this is the closest I could get. At last a more or less 'natural' incongruous thing.

This is my final entry.

No Parking

Hinfrance

I had to create my own incongruity. Had a few goes, and this is the one I liked the best because the chair caught in the light beam through the trees looks like it has been pasted in afterwards. Actually, I waited for a gap in the traffic and quickly stuck it in the middle of the road to get a shot before it and myself were hit by the next car coming down the hill.

The Chair:

The EXIF says it was done in Lightroom, but it wasn't. DXO 9 for optical corrections and micro contrast, then Topaz Black and White 2 for the monochrome conversion.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Reinardina

I love the idea of you going out and about with a chair! If only I could have photographed it.

Oldboy

My entry is St Philip's Cathedral Birmingham also known as Birmingham Cathedral. It was built as a parish church in 1715 and raised to Cathedral in 1905. It doesn't look like a cathedral so is therefore incongruous. Only Saint Chad's Cathedral, Roman Catholic, was built as a Cathedral with twin spires at the front in 1851 but wasn't declared a Cathedral until 1852 following the restoration of the Catholic Hierarchy in England by Pope Pius IX in 1850.  ???

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.