• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,414
  • Total Topics: 5,707
  • Online today: 98
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 83
  • Total: 83
bhphotovideo
Microphone Arm,Aokeo AK-4...Sennheiser Profile USB Mi...Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...

JEWELLERY-CHAT-Weekly Challenge 16-23 November 2014

Started by Hinfrance, November 16, 2014, 10:31:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reinardina

Cool Cat!

I am designing my own virtual jewellery; getting some quite 'high class' sparkly results.

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Oldboy

Quote from: Reinardina on November 17, 2014, 10:01:29 AM
Gemstones are not jewellery are they?

Yes they are. Think of costume jewellery which use cheaper Gemstones to keep the costs down. Some tribes use sharks teeth whilst others use coral. Even coal has been used in the past but not now, as it costs too much.  :P

Reinardina

I know gemstones are often worked into jewellery, but on their own, they are not, I would think.
You can't wear a loose diamond, or sapphire.

And jewellery is meant to be worn, on the person, or clothing, to be shown off. So it needs at least a mount and a pin, clip or chain.

Oldboy

Quote from: Reinardina on November 22, 2014, 10:13:48 AM
I know gemstones are often worked into jewellery, but on their own, they are not, I would think.

And jewellery is meant to be worn, on the person, or clothing, to be shown off. So it needs at least a mount and a pin, clip or chain.

Don't some people put a diamond set into their teeth, in which case it doesn't need a mount, pin, clip or chain.  ???

Reinardina

Quote from: Oldboy on November 22, 2014, 11:09:45 PM
Quote from: Reinardina on November 22, 2014, 10:13:48 AM

Don't some people put a diamond set into their teeth, in which case it doesn't need a mount, pin, clip or chain.  ???

"Set into their teeth" says it all: the tooth has become the mount. (You won't win this one easily OB!

Reinardina

After my 'design session,' I ended up with quite a collection on jewellery, and now I cannot make up my mind, which one to enter.

There is the Tiger:

The 'simple' Brooch:

And after all that 'hard' work, I am more and more inclined to go for the simple original:

Art Deco Clips:

I'll have to sleep on it. (Thank goodness the virtual jewellery is not sharp!)

Hinfrance

And I thought this would be a relatively light job. Got that wrong. Not having much time this week, again, and almost completely devoid of ideas. I had a go at a couple of plans, the first one done in plain sunlight:

Then I thought I'd try something possibly more romantic, hence the entry "A Proposal":

This is obviously a set up. I used two lights to try to get some sparkle highlights. It sort of worked a bit.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

DigiDiva

After having worked over 60 hours this week, prepping for a craft fair yesterday and beng at the craft fair all day today, I have hd no time for an image. Sorry guys but good luck to thise who enter. I now have a long awaited cup of coffee and my feet up! AAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhh,bliss!
Please visit my website @ www.sunderlandwallart.com

jinky

I failed too. Daughter was here since Thursday  and been doing all things wedding related for her big day next March and just no time / inspiration until too late. This week I promise like the Terminator "I`ll be back...".

DigiDiva

Im in Tenerife from Saturday for a week....not saure when my next entry will be!
Please visit my website @ www.sunderlandwallart.com

Hinfrance

Quote from: DigiDiva on November 25, 2014, 07:39:55 PM
Im in Tenerife* from Saturday for a week....

*Other holiday destinations are available.  :legit:
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.