• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 158
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 39
  • Total: 39
wex
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

Photo of the day or edit of the day

Started by oRGie, March 24, 2009, 10:15:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hinfrance

A throw away shot . . .

In the back garden - achieved by setting the camera on 2 second timer and then throwing it upwards, hoping to catch it before it hit the ground and broke. As it was the lens surround came off during a particularly ham fisted recovery . .

Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Reinardina

This picture, of two of my fellow volunteer rangers, evokes the autumn atmosphere even better than 'just' coloured leaves, in my opinion.

I'm sure a 17th century painter would have put the scene on canvas, had he come across it. As he didn't, I did it for him.

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Reinardina

Another composite, inspired by Halloween.

Beaux Reflets

Quote from: Reinardina on October 31, 2015, 06:03:44 PM
Another composite, inspired by Halloween.

I can see / imagine this in a range of colourful  monochromes - nicely done Reinardina.
:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

Reinardina

Thanks Andy.

My photography is a bit on the back burner, but I'm trying to get back in form.

Playing around with the software however, never lost its magic. It's something I do in a 'lost' hour, when I don't feel like proper editing. (I've still got loads of photos to edit, but lack motivation at the moment.)

Reinardina

After seeing some wonderful high key photographs recently, I had a go myself. Ended up with a series of images . In mono of course, but I also added a hint of colour to some.

A subtle difference. (I also have one or two, with a bit more colour, but I don't want to saturate the site with a series of near identical images.)

Coomments welcome.

ABERS

Certainly both have a mood of peace and tranquillity,  the added colour gives a more painterly effect.

Your photography is moving you towards being a picture 'maker' rather than just a picture 'taker' producing work that is more than worth a second glance. Congratulations!  :tup:

Reinardina

Thanks Alan, much appreciated.
I caught the 'bug' again, and have been editing like a woman possessed, forgetting my housewifely duties, while the dust is building up around me.

ABERS

Well your efforts really caused a great deal of activity R. Nothing changes.

Reinardina

I am very grateful, you came 'in from the cold,' and commented. I had indeed hoped it would attract more attention.

I have been desperately trying to keep people interested, but I don't seem to do it right. All that happens, is my avatar all over the front page for days on end. And not because I always want the last word, but simply because no one seems around to add something, or take the conversation in a different direction.

The competition is the only thing that is still alive. Just.

That said, one of my beach shots did get a comment from Jinky, thanks for that Paul.

Comments on pictures is another area, that has died a slow death. I fear the site is sinking into oblivion.

Mick

Quote from: Reinardina on April 06, 2016, 08:35:02 AM

I fear the site is sinking into oblivion.

It is, and has been for some time tbh.  ;)  I don't think it'll ever improve unless we increase the member count in some way.  I gave up trying to get people over here a long time ago after running out of ideas.
Thank You, "Guest" For Reading This Post.

My Gallery
Tinyportal.net Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
Guitarist Guild Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
The Garden Machinery Forum Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0

OpenSea

Reinardina

Quote from: Mick on April 06, 2016, 08:48:18 AM
Quote from: Reinardina on April 06, 2016, 08:35:02 AM

I fear the site is sinking into oblivion.

It is, and has been for some time tbh.  ;)  I don't think it'll ever improve unless we increase the member count in some way.  I gave up trying to get people over here a long time ago after running out of ideas.

So have I.
R.I.P camera Craniums, it was good to have known you. I will miss the 'oldies,' but then, most of them haven't been on for ages anyway.

Will you give due warning when you are pulling the plug, so we can say our goodbyes?

Beaux Reflets

I prefer the colour version Reinardina (although I also agree with Paul's comment upon areas of clouds drawing attention away) as the Pastel colouring adds more to describe peacefulness and atmosphere than in the monotone version.

Quote from: Reinardina on April 04, 2016, 02:05:00 PM
After seeing some wonderful high key photographs recently, I had a go myself. Ended up with a series of images . In mono of course, but I also added a hint of colour to some.

A subtle difference. (I also have one or two, with a bit more colour, but I don't want to saturate the site with a series of near identical images.)

Coomments welcome.
:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

Mick

Quote from: Reinardina on April 06, 2016, 01:20:20 PM

So have I.
R.I.P camera Craniums, it was good to have known you. I will miss the 'oldies,' but then, most of them haven't been on for ages anyway.

Will you give due warning when you are pulling the plug, so we can say our goodbyes?

It's not going to disappear.  To be honest I pay the hosting for my other sites, and this shares the same server so it's not a problem.  I just gave up trying to get members here that's all.  Perhaps one day I'll change things up a gear or two and improve the look and functionality of the place, that might draw a few more members in, but atm I'm busy with other web related projects, like Tinyportal for example.

If you have any ideas as to what might draw a bit of interest then I'll look into trying some of them out.  Just throw them in here somewhere Site Feedback ;)
Thank You, "Guest" For Reading This Post.

My Gallery
Tinyportal.net Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
Guitarist Guild Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
The Garden Machinery Forum Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0

OpenSea

Reinardina

Quote from: Mick on April 06, 2016, 05:42:18 PM
Quote from: Reinardina on April 06, 2016, 01:20:20 PM

So have I.

It's not going to disappear.  To be honest I pay the hosting for my other sites, and this shares the same server so it's not a problem.  I just gave up trying to get members here that's all.  Perhaps one day I'll change things up a gear or two and improve the look and functionality of the place, that might draw a few more members in, but atm I'm busy with other web related projects, like Tinyportal for example.

If you have any ideas as to what might draw a bit of interest then I'll look into trying some of them out.  Just throw them in here somewhere Site Feedback ;)

I'm glad it's not disappearing, as it keeps the link with old friends alive. And a lot of good photos, from the old photographers that used to be here will not be lost.
I've tried everything I could think of, and the only new member is David Blandford. I'm now just going with the flow and relax a bit.

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.