• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 249
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 56
  • Total: 56
aliexpress
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

What made you feel good today

Started by greypoint, August 13, 2009, 10:26:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldboy

Quote from: ABERS on October 17, 2014, 08:40:19 AM

Can't seem to find out what was on TV when I was born, I think John Logie Baird was just putting the final tweaks to his invention ::).

If you were born before 1936 then nothing as TV didn't start until then. If you were born between 1939-1945 then it's also nothing as it was suspended during the war.  ???

Graham

Earliest radio memory is Family Favorites on Sunday lunchtimes (We call it Dinner time!) used to love the theme tune for some reason and used to run into the house just to hear the Kettle Drum bit!  :)
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

ABERS

The wireless made you use your imagination, the actors and storytellers were magnificent in painting pictures in your mind's eye.

How about being scared witless by stories by the Man in Black, AKA Valentine Dyall, the British Vincent Price. I remember one about vampires and his closing remarks were, 'If you hear a scratching at the window tonight, don't be too afraid, but remember there are such things!' I never went to sleep with the light out for weeks after.

On another occasion I listened to Steinbecks 'Of Mice and Men' and was reduced to a blubbering wreck, mind you I was only about 11, and I vowed I would never keep rabbits!

I was a sensitive child.  :-[   :2funny:

Reinardina

Quote from: ABERS on October 18, 2014, 08:20:36 AM

I was a sensitive child.  :-[   :2funny:

I bet you haven't changed much; you now try to hide it behind a cynical mask. ;-)

But you're absolutely right, about the atmosphere those radio plays could conjure up!

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

ABERS

Receiving an email telling me that our club, The Richmond & Twickenham P.S. won the Surrey PS inter-club print competition on Saturday, beating 20 other clubs to the crown.

The cherry on the cake being that from the 300 prints entered mine was afforded Best in Show.

Shudder to think what the others  were like!

DigiDiva

Well done Abers, thats a very good image. Its my kind of thing. Unusual,draws the eye in to make you study it.
Please visit my website @ www.sunderlandwallart.com

Reinardina

Congratulations Alan.
A well deserved 'Best in Show.' This one always makes me smile.

Oldboy

jinky

Well done Alan. That`s a great shot that I remember from original post and deserved the recognition.

WMMFGT - after a marathon session I managed to output not only the 680 + images from Saturdays wedding but also the dvd slideshow set to music and delivered to door less than 48 hours after the event. Means that I can go to Spain more relaxed mood - I give it 5 days before the bride asks if I can convert this one to that, do a colour pop on this etc which I`ll be delighted to do - for an extra fee. ;)

donoreo

Well done, congrats on the win.   

Sandy

Congratulations Alan that's great news

Hinfrance

Well done Alan - top work as always.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Mick

Quote from: ABERS on October 20, 2014, 08:33:49 AM
Receiving an email telling me that our club, The Richmond & Twickenham P.S. won the Surrey PS inter-club print competition on Saturday, beating 20 other clubs to the crown.

The cherry on the cake being that from the 300 prints entered mine was afforded Best in Show.

Nice work Alan, congrats on the win.  It's a fantastic and very worthy image.  :tup:
Thank You, "Guest" For Reading This Post.

My Gallery
Tinyportal.net Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
Guitarist Guild Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
The Garden Machinery Forum Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0

OpenSea

Reinardina

WMMFGT: finding one of my pictures as IOTW.
(Thanks Alan.)

krennon

Hello CCERSs

Well crazy manic at present for Mr and Mrs Keith but all good, so just to let you all know (especially those that know what's going on) we go to matching panel for 2 girls we are hoping to adopt on 23rd December (can't think of a better Christmas present than to get a yes to that) if it is a yes intro's will start in Jan 2015. My photography has taken a real back seat obviously as I/we've been concentrating on getting through this whole process so probably won't be around much at all for a long time but will try and dip my toe into the CC pond every now and then. Miss this place and my photography but hopefully will pick up my camera soon.  :)
http://www.flickr.com/photos/keithfransella/

"Everything in moderation including moderation" Oscar Wilde

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.