• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 49
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 66
  • Total: 66
If you would like to make a donation to help with the running costs of the site, then a donation button has been added to the bottom of the page.  Thanks.
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

Canterbury Meet 4th July (Sun) Note New Date

Started by picsfor, May 27, 2010, 12:02:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

picsfor

Jonathan,

it would be good if we could make use of your local knowledge of Canterbury to make the most of the day. Also your suggestions on best places to eat  :tup:  :beer:

minky_monkey

Guys, won't be able to make this one... :'(

Dosh is a bit tight atm!   :(

I'll keep an eye out for other meets. 

Jonathan

Chaps, I'm pretty busy between now and Sunday ( in Somerset right now shooting cover feature for mag, shooting more and driving back tomorrow, client meeting & wedding on Saturday...).

Can you post up the kind of things that you're interested in - historical, yours, flowers whatever and also what you are thinking of for lunch (pub, pizza, sandwich whatever) and I'll get some ideas together.
It's Guest's round

Eileen

Sorry you can't be there Martin.

Jonathan: I'd like to see the gardens and the cathedral but beyond that I'm quite relaxed and happy to go with the flow. More greenery and more historical sites would be very nice but others may well have different ideas. We need places that are relatively accessible with not too many stairs.

Foodwise I need a veggie option. A pizza joint or a pub lunch would be very nice. Somewhere we can sit and relax and chat for a bit would be good too (as opposed to a place where the emphasis is on moving customers through quickly).

irv_b

Sorry guys I have been a bit busy this week to get on the forum but I am still up for this :beer:
As for what we will get up to on sunday, I would like to get up to a bit of street photography ( the more freaky the folks the better ) and to try some stuff in the cathedral sounds like a good idea I would suspect Eileen Sandy and Andrew would like that too - eats, anything that doesn't include  pizza, cauliflower or cherries  :)
My Gallery

Don't count the days "Guest," make the days count!.

picsfor

so - no pressure then Jonathan.
West gate Gardens can be seen en route from Jonathan's into town if memory serves from the map.
This covers a bit of greenery and history.
The town centre is absolutely full of street photography and history - you can't miss it - it's just knowing the lesser known places that a local would have knowledge of!
The Cathedral is in the centre and easily accessible.

No not much in terms of hills but a few steps around some of the places but we are only talking 4 or 5 so not heavy duty stuff and that's mainly in the Cathedral.
Some where to eat that fits all the bills? Take your pick - really that much choice...

Oh and hope the weather holds out for your shoots Jonathan  :tup:

Sandy

Hi

I have been studying train timetables and the first train I can catch is the 0803 from Maidstone West. I have to change trains at Paddock Wood and arrive at Canterbury West at 0921. This appears to be the only route.

Looking forward to Sunday, its been very warm today

Sandy

Jonathan

Cool.  So a place that sells pizza and non pizza plus veggie will do :)

@Sandy (and anybody else who finds themselves at a station) - call me on 07703 261 274 and somebody will pick you up.  If you have a choice of stations then head for the West.

Oh and blimey - we need to hit the Cathedral at 12:30 - it's only fully open at 12:30 - 14:30 on Sundays :(
It's Guest's round

picsfor

As i'll be arriving about then, if you want i'll pick Sandy up and then poodle round the corner (if i've read my map right  :tup:).

I believe the West Station still has an old style signal box i need to get some pictures of - so it would fit in with my plans as well. Now i'm able to give some time over to this trip again.

Looking forward to the trip - see you all in the morning.

Mick - any chance of a gallery thing to put our piccies in. Doesn't half provide some interest when the trip piccies get uploaded...

picsfor

Well, the day went of but what along day! Bloody traffic left me out until 21:30.
Had a good time, got to see Jonathan's den of persuasion and several of his finer photographic examples.
Also got to see some different parts of Canterbury and maybe gain a few shots along the way. Maybe even one for the weekly comp!

It was good to see Sandy, Eileen and Irv again as well as always. I'm now off to bed as i'm up at 4am for work so pictures will be processed tomorrow (Monday).
Once again, thanks to Jonathan for his hospitality and input in to today's get together.

Sandy

Thanks for the lovely day everyone I enjoyed it and might have a couple of keepers. No traffic jams on the train just a twenty minute wait at Ashford.

Jonathan

Great to meet everyone yesterday.  Hope Irv and Eileen had a good trip home.

I was going to post a pic in the gallery but after 5 mins I still couldn't find an upload button.....

This is one of my favourite bits of the cathedral.  The shrine to martyrs of our time.  I often light a candle for Amnesty prisoners.

It's Guest's round

Mick

Glad everyone had a good time.  :tup:

Quote from: picsfor on July 03, 2010, 12:04:06 PM

Mick - any chance of a gallery thing to put our piccies in. Doesn't half provide some interest when the trip piccies get uploaded...

Done last night Andrew.  :tup:

Quote from: Jonathan on July 05, 2010, 09:44:48 AM

I was going to post a pic in the gallery but after 5 mins I still couldn't find an upload button.....

:doh:  Dunno why that is Jonathan, permissions are correct for the Canterbury meet album.  What theme are you using in the gallery?
Thank You, "Guest" For Reading This Post.

My Gallery
Tinyportal.net Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
Guitarist Guild Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
The Garden Machinery Forum Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0

OpenSea

picsfor

My daily allowance of pictures posted in the Canterbury Meet Gallery without any problem, and 1 further picture used for the weekly competition.
I have a few more that require some more serious processing and may even involve opening up Photoshop  :doh:

I'm fairly sure that better pictures will be forth coming once the others have posted theirs.

Jonathan

Quote from: admin on July 05, 2010, 06:39:13 PM
:doh:  Dunno why that is Jonathan, permissions are correct for the Canterbury meet album.  What theme are you using in the gallery?

Dunno.  A really ugly black one.  Can't find a way to change it....

But I found the upload button!  It was hiding under the house.  You have to roll over the house not click it to find it....
It's Guest's round

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.