• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 249
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 30
  • Total: 30
bhphotovideo
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

What bemused you today?

Started by greypoint, August 24, 2009, 07:51:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reinardina

Quote from: Oldboy on October 09, 2016, 09:37:50 PM
Quote from: Reinardina on October 09, 2016, 07:30:12 PM
Could well be. It's nice to know it is 26C somewhere, wherever that somewhere is.

It's your local weather as it's linked to your post code, which you supplied when you signed up to your ISP.  :)

Interesting. For today ("Columbus Day"), it says 9 C, which is probably right for this moment, as it is still early, but for tomorrow and the rest of the week it is 28/26, which I cannot believe.

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

anglefire

Well, last week I was on a hill when it started to hail (And thunder and lightening) so was around freezing - and the next day was in the 20's - to be fair one was at 8300ft and the other by the sea  :2funny:
----------------------------------
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

Reinardina

Received an email this morning, which started: Google morning Reinardina.

Have the tech giants really taken over the world? In 'my' time, we had 'Jingle Jangle' mornings, which I much enjoyed.

SimonW

That was perhaps useful advice. I tried to Google "morning" and found some quite interesting suggestions.
Simon Warren
(in Dunning, Scotland)

Reinardina

I never saw it as a request or command! Tried it though, and was not all that impressed with the 'mornings' I found.

Mick

How is Nescafe Original still called Nescafe Original when they've changed it?
Thank You, "Guest" For Reading This Post.

My Gallery
Tinyportal.net Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
Guitarist Guild Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
The Garden Machinery Forum Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0

OpenSea

Hinfrance

Daughter is in Germany at the moment, holidaying with her pen-friend. She 'phoned last evening and reported that she had just been down the motorway at 180kph. Mrs H asked her if she was frightened. Oh no, she replied, it was fun! Like father, like daughter :tup:
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

anglefire

180kph is not that fast for Germany. I remember sitting at 110mph (So about the same speed) and was getting past by all sorts of cars - including a VW Polo :)

Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

Reinardina

Text outside Baptist church in Flintshire:

Honk if you love Jesus: text while driving if you want to meet him.

The Rev Bob Marshall, is facing council action, as it is considered advertising.

Beaux Reflets

Quote from: Reinardina on November 25, 2016, 01:43:31 PM

The Rev Bob Marshall, is facing council action, as it is considered advertising.

While I see the   :D  twist play in words; Rev Marshall appears to be making an assumption that all those reading his notice will be thinking in exactly the same way as he is (which is not necessarily the case).  Encouraging text messaging while one is driving is :uglystupid2: full stop!
:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

Oldboy

Quote from: Reinardina on November 25, 2016, 01:43:31 PM

How can that be considered advertising? I bet it's a labour council.  :uglystupid2:

anglefire

Most churches have boards outside advertising then. Seems a bit extreme in my view (As an atheist)
Mark

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

anglefire

People moaning about Lewis Hamilton driving "slowly" to get cars behind in the mix with Nico Rosberg with the hope that they overtake. And then Nico moaning that he could go faster - well, there is one easy way of doing that, and that is to pass Lewis - I never saw him even attempt it.
And then the team ordering Lewis to speed up - bad form.
Mark

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

Paul Montgomery

I thought his response was good (paraphrasing) "I'm leading the race, I don't need to go any faster"...

anglefire

And all the "Experts" back at base thought Vettel could catch them and pass Nico (which was Lewis's plan of course!) and Lewis himself and hence not get a Win for them - which would never have happened he had so much pace in reserve.
Mark

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.