• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 249
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 71
  • Total: 71
  • Google (2)
parkcameras
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

What annoyed you today?

Started by greypoint, August 13, 2009, 07:52:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ABERS

Quote from: Reinardina on August 28, 2014, 07:06:16 PM
Quote from: ABERS on August 28, 2014, 06:41:44 PM
Had a bad blow out today on the front tyre. Lost complete control and ended up in a ditch. The tyre was penetrated by a large nail whilst negotiating a sharp corner.

I'm perfectly OK just a little annoyed and  somewhat angry, the tyre was relatively new.

The wheelbarrow is undamaged as well!

Tyres are more easily replaced than husbands/fathers/grandfathers. You were lucky.
Any damage to the car? (Apart from the tyre obviously.)

What wheelbarrow? Or were you actually driving your wheelbarrow?

Well yes, mind you it's a lightweight high speed model, with a  'go faster' red stripe down the side and my wife has warned me about the speed I generate up the garden path, saying that the corner around the pond was particularly dangerous. :legit:

Oldboy

I'm surprised you didn't have a solid tyre!  :doh:

The big question that needs answering is who dropped the nail?  >:( :-[

ABERS

Quote from: Oldboy on August 28, 2014, 11:48:58 PM
I'm surprised you didn't have a solid tyre!  :doh:

The big question that needs answering is who dropped the nail?  >:( :-[

A solid tyre would add to the overall weight of what is designed as a high speed and highly manoeuvrable piece of kit!  ::)

Wheelbarrows now employ high tech state of the art, cutting edge technology. ;)  They're a bit like cameras really, in as much that give any wheelbarow to a navvy, and if he's got that 'navvying nous' he'll be able to shift muck from one place to another with a fair degree of success!

As far as the nail dropping culprit is concerned it could be any one of six people. We had a shed demolishing day a couple of weeks ago and I was joined by two son-in-laws and three grandsons wielding sledge hammers and crow bars reducing a 12'X10' shed into skip sized pieces. Hard work, great fun made pleasurable by an element of competition and two or three slabs of beer to end with. :beer: :beer: :dance:

Oldboy

I would have thought a solid tyre was required on a building site therefore, it could be a self-inflicted disaster as one may have dropped the nail oneself! Healthy and safety requires you to inspect the route before starting the task which, I guess, wasn't done. I hope the HSE was informed so that a full investigation can be done and the guilty party fined and or sent to jail!  :P

ABERS

We did a full risk assessment before starting. Lucky we did, we had only allowed for three slabs of lager, not four!

My wife made another dozen sausage rolls as well in order to bridge the possibility of a hunger gap, so I think the representative of the HSE would have been quite amenable if he had turned up. ;)

spinner

Quote from: Alfonso_Frisk on August 22, 2009, 12:29:31 PM
Right, you asked for it :doh:
WAMT
its the weekend and I have to work 7x7 night shifts Saturday and Sunday :'(
So no ale for me until Monday evening.
The weather forecast aint to great for here during the nights so no point taking the cameras to work
Just checked my euro lottery and have won jack
My car has a slow puncture.
The young un has got the xbox on so I cant see the GP qualifying or the cricket
Oh
and I have constipation which means my bum hole is like the Japanese flag today :'(

That will do for now  :legit:
RR
Alf

I'll just quote your rant. With the exception of having to work, your circumstances are eerily similar to mine. Pssssst I find Noxema face cream works wonders for getting rid of Japanese Flags.  :legit:
And more, much more than this, I did it my way
Ol' blue eyes

http://ddsdigita4.wix.com/ddsdigital
https://www.flickr.com/photos/spin498/

spinner

WAMT? Adobe Flash. Can't they fix it and forget it? I know they have to find work to keep their programmers employed, but I'm getting sick of updates for Flash.  >:(
And more, much more than this, I did it my way
Ol' blue eyes

http://ddsdigita4.wix.com/ddsdigital
https://www.flickr.com/photos/spin498/

Paul Montgomery

Spinner,
I'd be grateful if I could just get it to install...

Alfonso_Frisk

Quote from: spinner on September 01, 2014, 03:02:13 PM
WAMT
The weather forecast aint to great for here during the nights so no point taking the cameras to work
Oh
and I have constipation which means my bum hole is like the Japanese flag today :'(

RR
Alf

I'll just quote your rant. With the exception of having to work, your circumstances are eerily similar to mine. Pssssst I find Noxema face cream works wonders for getting rid of Japanese Flags.  :legit:

Wow, thats some quote Spin. I posted that in 2009. I retired in 2010. lol
http://www.fluidr.com/photos/nosmo_king2007
http://www.seateamimages.com/search.php
Wine improves with age, The older I get the more I like it.

Oldboy

Quote from: Alfonso_Frisk on September 01, 2014, 08:22:24 PM
Quote from: spinner on September 01, 2014, 03:02:13 PM
WAMT
Oh

RR
Alf

Wow, thats some quote Spin. I posted that in 2009. I retired in 2010. lol

To be fair, most people think he's old fashioned, as he lives in the past!  :P :legit:

ABERS

The screen wash on the car stopped working a couple of days ago, and as we are off on few days holiday soon I thought it should fixed as holidays and rain always seem to coincide.

Now for the WAMT. Booked it in for repair at the local dealers and arriving at reception I was told there would be a charge of £75 to ascertain what the problem was, this charge would be included in the final bill if I sanctioned the repair, if one was needed.

I was asked to wait in reception and partake of free coffee and watch TV or read today's papers. The reception area overlooked a workshop with several lifts.

Promptly at 10 am my car was rolled on to the lift next to where I was sitting. The mechanic clanged a few spanners and dodged in and about underneath for about ten minutes. 10.15 the sandwich wagon arrived, the workshop emptied for 15 minutes.
Next my tyres were examined followed by the brake pads,and the exhaust was waggled about.

11.am the service manager calls me to the counter to inform me the washer pump was kaputt and I needed a new one, oh and by the way my tyres and brake pads were OK.

To replace the pump would take an hour and the final bill would be £174.80. OK I agreed, thinking the pump was very expensive. Ten minutes later the pump was installed and the car was taken to the parking area. Waiting patiently about 15 minutes later I was called over to settle the account.

It was then I spotted the pump was charged at £17.20,so that made Labour charges were £150! Two hours at £75 per hour. Politely pointing out I hadn't been on the premises for that long I was only prepared to pay for a maximum of 45 minutes, since that was about the time that the car was worked on, and perhaps Trading Standards may be interested in their accounting procedures.

We settled on £75.  ::)

Hinfrance

Good for you Alan. Not the b*ggered pump, but the successful protest. :tup:
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Oldboy

Well done Abers, you saved yourself £100 so, should treat yourself to a wee dram or even a bottle.  :tup:

ABERS

Saved is perhaps the wrong word Oldboy, more like avoided being conned out of £100. ;)

Hinfrance

One of the halogen spots (20w) in the kitchen packed up. So being a one for a bit of experimentation I decided to pay double the cost of replacing it and bought a 35w equivalent LED spotlight, new generation. I tried the old multiple LEDs when they first came out and found them to be absolutely useless as well as very short lived - they'd all failed within 6 months.

Now the new generation ones have a much better temperature light, but the 35w equivalent ones I bought are roughly half as bright as the 20w halogens.

So hint: when replacing conventional lighting with LEDs take the quoted equivalent rating and divide by 2 or 3 to find out exactly how bright they are - better still, if quoted, check the lumen output, which will still be on the optimistic side, but be a rather better guide. A regular 100w bulb had an output of around 1700 lumen, the alleged 100w equivalent CFLs have an output of 1000 to 1100 if you are lucky.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.