What made you feel good t...Poll for Visual PunENTRIES THREAD - Weekly C...Chat - Weekly Comp 25 Feb...What is it?CHAT-VISUAL PUN-Weekly Co...ENTRIES-VISUAL PUN-Weekly...ENTRIES - NEGATIVE SPACE ...CHAT - NEGATIVE SPACE - W...Poll for HATSWorld Press Photo 2017What bemused you today?Camera club's obsession w...Poll for "AUTHORITY"Why do people not listen ...ENTIRES - HATS - Weekly C...

Author Topic: Why do people not listen / read something properly before replying?  (Read 327 times)

Offline jinky

It`s a facebook thing but I knew that would put you off if I put it in the title? So many times on facebook people reply / like something when they clearly have not read / watched the full content. Today I tried out a new 35 f2 Fuji lens I`d got to see if I wanted to keep it. each time I switched on the camera with it in place it chattered loudly to me, seeming to hunt for focus even as a fixed lens until I half depressed the shutter and it went until returning after the shot was taken.Having googled the issue I found it was an oft made complaint about this and other lenses by some. Suggestions ranged from turning off the lcd screen, the histogram alert to " just live with it" along with the usual have you got it in continuous shooting mode, what autofocus settings etc. So I went onto the Fuji Love Facebook group stating it was in single shot mode ,single spot focus with all firmware up to date for lens and camera and awaited responses from this group where Fuji have been elevated to God like status.
First two responses? What shooting mode are you  in  and is your firmware up to date. I am sure that if the third guy hadn`t come up with the actual answer which was that there is a pre-focus button  buried in the menu that you can switch off which means a nano second delay in focusing and better battery life  they would have continued! Why do people feel the need to speak / answer without reading the full story first? I am sure in this day of fake news / anyone can say anything mode people are getting worse! I went back to one of the google searches and read the whole thread where a guy accepted after 3 pages of useless "fixes" that it was something he just had to live with but seemed poor from Fuji! If I could have been bothered to register for the site it was on to reply and it had not been from 2012/13 I might have put him out of his misery but  guess he has moved on  ;)

Offline anglefire

• Canon Biggamist. Four bodies and some lenses. :)
  • Canon Owner and Proud of it :)
    • Mark Colston Photography
Re: Why do people not listen / read something properly before replying?
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2017, 12:49:15 PM »
Have you checked the mode you are in.  :legit:
----------------------------------
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Offline Oldboy

Re: Why do people not listen / read something properly before replying?
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2017, 07:22:05 PM »
It's not just a Facebook thing as it occurs in other situations as well. For example, at the valley were car-park charges were introduced it states quite clearly that Summer time charges occur during British summer time, which happens when we Spring forward in late March and Fall back during late October. This means in the Winter period you only need to pay upto to 15:00 hours, whilst in Summer time you pay upto 18:00 hours and it's free after those times. The number of people who read the sign and then pay after 15:00 hours in the Winter is amazing! Others will ask when the Summer time charges start or end and that question was asked around Christmas.  :uglystupid2:

latest Posts

Subject Board Views/Replies Member Date & Time
xx What made you feel good today General Discussion 358027/3695 jinky Last post Today at 10:20:40 AM
xx Poll for Visual Pun International Weekly Comp Entries 305/4 Reinardina Last post Today at 08:39:48 AM
xx ENTRIES THREAD - Weekly Comp 25 February - 5 March International Weekly Comp Entries 60/0 Jediboy Last post February 25, 2017, 01:48:21 PM
xx Chat - Weekly Comp 25 Feb - 5 March International Weekly Comp Entries 66/0 Jediboy Last post February 25, 2017, 01:46:16 PM
xx What is it? General Discussion 501/12 Reinardina Last post February 24, 2017, 10:50:21 AM
xx CHAT-VISUAL PUN-Weekly Comp 12-19 February 2017 International Weekly Comp Entries 727/12 Reinardina Last post February 23, 2017, 08:40:57 AM
xx ENTRIES-VISUAL PUN-Weekly Comp 12-19 February 2017 International Weekly Comp Entries 490/5 Simple Last post February 20, 2017, 11:04:16 PM
xx ENTRIES - NEGATIVE SPACE - Weekly Challenge 19th Feb - 26th February 2017 International Weekly Comp Entries 175/0 Simple Last post February 18, 2017, 10:54:07 PM