Poll for ???scapeWeekly COMP: ENTRIES - ??...CHAT - A LITTLE BIT OF HI...Err codeWeekly COMP: CHAT - ???SC...ENTRIES - A LITTLE BIT OF...Poll for New LifeInfluential pictures. CHAT THREAD – NEW LIFEENTRIES THREAD – NEW LIFEPoll - Street FoodInspiring Image 13/5/2017Windows 10 Creators Editi...Missed ShotPOLL - Heat compWEEKLY COMP: ENTRIES - ST...

Author Topic: Inspiring Image Entry thread  (Read 5071 times)

Offline Beaux Reflets

• Global Moderator
  • Commonsense answers a whole load of the unanswered
    • Beaux Reflets
Inspiring Image Entry thread
« on: October 17, 2016, 05:57:19 PM »
Entries Only thread :-  Please post your selection for Inspiring Image Of The Week here

To nominate an image to the Inspiring Image slot on the front page

Please simply, copy & paste in the ' BBCode normal size: ' code from the gallery page of the image to be displayed.

And add a few words to say why the image inspires or merits display as a  Inspiring Image Of The Week

Example:

This one from R K Smith has a wonderful air about it

It would suit a book cover

From here: The nominated image will then appear in a new thread of its own in the Forum for further Chat; and later in the Inspiring Image slot itself in due course.

Thank you
« Last Edit: October 26, 2016, 05:01:39 PM by Beaux Reflets »

Offline Beaux Reflets

• Global Moderator
    • Beaux Reflets
Re: Inspiring Image Entry thread
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2017, 05:45:21 PM »
Please quote Gallery pages

Many thanks

Offline Reinardina

• Still trying to master photography.
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2017, 06:31:11 PM »
Please quote Gallery pages

Many thanks

Is that meant for me?

Both my recommendations came from the Random Gallery, and both were for competitions. The surrealist one is from Howard, the booze one from Delamanda. Does this help?
And where do I find the Gallery pages? Is that the file number at the top? (I've never noticed it till now.)

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Offline Beaux Reflets

• Global Moderator
    • Beaux Reflets
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2017, 08:53:04 PM »
It is meant for any and everyone assisting in selecting Inspiring images and or IOTW Reinardina.

By posting the chosen image using the ' BBCode normal size: ' code from the gallery page, it allows quick access in identifying its location in the Galleries (as it includes an automatic link directly to the Gallery page the image is on).

While pasting in only the 'BBcode full size' code, simply generates a brand new page on its own with just the image enlarged; And I am left still guessing and or sifting the thousands of images to find the actual Gallery page it is on  (so as to obtain the necessary information required to update the front page).

Many thanks

:beer:

Offline Reinardina

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2017, 08:30:25 AM »
Thanks Andy. I will try to remember that.

Maybe you could mention it in the text for both IOTW and Inspiring image nominations, I'm sure it would help.

Offline Reinardina

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2017, 10:09:40 AM »
Went through Del's posts in the hope to find the right BBC code, but she must have used the large size, so it was not there.
But this is the 'headline,' does this narrow it down a bit?

International Weekly Comp Entries / Re: Entries for weekly Competition - Frost/ Frosted - 4th - 11th January 2010
« on: January 09, 2010, 06:23:21 PM »

Offline Beaux Reflets

• Global Moderator
    • Beaux Reflets
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2017, 02:42:40 PM »
Went through Del's posts in the hope to find the right BBC code, but she must have used the large size, so it was not there.
But this is the 'headline,' does this narrow it down a bit?

International Weekly Comp Entries / Re: Entries for weekly Competition - Frost/ Frosted - 4th - 11th January 2010
« on: January 09, 2010, 06:23:21 PM »

I've tracked it down Re

Offline Reinardina

« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2017, 08:59:20 AM »
Here's another one from Del, now with the right code. She sure knows how to shoot an image.

By the way, I often comment on an image, before I nominate it, so you can find the image through the 'recent comments.'

Offline Beaux Reflets

• Global Moderator
    • Beaux Reflets
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2017, 10:00:30 AM »
Here's another one from Del, now with the right code. She sure knows how to shoot an image.

By the way, I often comment on an image, before I nominate it, so you can find the image through the 'recent comments.'

Thank you Reinardina, clicking on the image takes e to the right page  :tup:  Yes Delamanda is quite talented with her eye for a shot.

latest Posts

Subject Board Views/Replies Member Date & Time
xx Poll for ???scape International Weekly Comp Entries 2/0 jinky Last post Today at 03:42:37 PM
xx Weekly COMP: ENTRIES - ???SCAPE - 14th - 21st May 2017 International Weekly Comp Entries 284/7 Oldboy Last post May 22, 2017, 07:38:00 PM
xx CHAT - A LITTLE BIT OF HISTORY 21-28th May 2017 International Weekly Comp Entries 108/1 DigiDiva Last post May 22, 2017, 07:42:23 AM
xx Err code Photography Techniques and how to's 315/9 anglefire Last post May 22, 2017, 07:34:46 AM
xx Weekly COMP: CHAT - ???SCAPE - 14th - 21st May 2017 International Weekly Comp Entries 236/5 Jediboy Last post May 22, 2017, 02:05:25 AM
xx ENTRIES - A LITTLE BIT OF HISTORY 21st-28th May 2017 International Weekly Comp Entries 37/0 jinky Last post May 21, 2017, 06:49:35 AM
xx Poll for New Life International Weekly Comp Entries 225/6 jinky Last post May 21, 2017, 06:45:01 AM
xx Influential pictures. General Discussion 324/8 jinky Last post May 18, 2017, 10:30:20 AM