What made you feel good t...Poll for Visual PunENTRIES THREAD - Weekly C...Chat - Weekly Comp 25 Feb...What is it?CHAT-VISUAL PUN-Weekly Co...ENTRIES-VISUAL PUN-Weekly...ENTRIES - NEGATIVE SPACE ...CHAT - NEGATIVE SPACE - W...Poll for HATSWorld Press Photo 2017What bemused you today?Camera club's obsession w...Poll for "AUTHORITY"Why do people not listen ...ENTIRES - HATS - Weekly C...

Author Topic: Inspiring Image Entry thread  (Read 3572 times)

Offline Beaux Reflets

• Global Moderator
  • Commonsense answers a whole load of the unanswered
    • Beaux Reflets
Inspiring Image Entry thread
« on: October 17, 2016, 05:57:19 PM »
Entries Only thread :-  Please post your selection for Inspiring Image Of The Week here

To nominate an image to the Inspiring Image slot on the front page

Please simply, copy & paste in the ' BBCode normal size: ' code from the gallery page of the image to be displayed.

And add a few words to say why the image inspires or merits display as a  Inspiring Image Of The Week

Example:

This one from R K Smith has a wonderful air about it

It would suit a book cover

From here: The nominated image will then appear in a new thread of its own in the Forum for further Chat; and later in the Inspiring Image slot itself in due course.

Thank you
« Last Edit: October 26, 2016, 05:01:39 PM by Beaux Reflets »

Offline Reinardina

• Still trying to master photography.
Re: Inspiring Image Entry thread
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2017, 08:37:00 AM »
Does no one ever look at the pictures in the gallery, and comes across one that takes his/her breath away?
And has the time to add the code to this thread?

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Offline David Blandford

• David Blandford Photography
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2017, 01:03:33 PM »
Does no one ever look at the pictures in the gallery, and comes across one that takes his/her breath away?
And has the time to add the code to this thread?

To be honest, currently I do not seem to have any spare time, but I still think the thread is a good idea.
still trying to paint with light!!

Offline Alfonso_Frisk

• Global Moderator
    • http://www.flickr.com/photos/nosmo_king2007/
    • My Shipping images
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2017, 09:24:35 PM »
I do look at the galleries often but (not being disrespectful) nothing yet jumps out that I can say "inspires me" to get out and about and try to capture something similar or motivate me further.
Lots of great shots in the galleries worthy of iotw and comp winners etc.
Unless my interpretation of an "inspiring image" is wrong?
http://www.fluidr.com/photos/nosmo_king2007
http://www.seateamimages.com/search.php
Wine improves with age, The older I get the more I like it.

Offline Beaux Reflets

• Global Moderator
  • Commonsense answers a whole load of the unanswered
    • Beaux Reflets
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2017, 10:03:22 AM »
I get inspired by shots like this one of yours Alf.

I am still searching for a scene locality close to me that will offer 'many return visits for the different seasonal changes in light.'

A very nice shot.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2017, 10:06:29 AM by Beaux Reflets »

latest Posts

Subject Board Views/Replies Member Date & Time
xx What made you feel good today General Discussion 358027/3695 jinky Last post Today at 10:20:40 AM
xx Poll for Visual Pun International Weekly Comp Entries 305/4 Reinardina Last post Today at 08:39:48 AM
xx ENTRIES THREAD - Weekly Comp 25 February - 5 March International Weekly Comp Entries 60/0 Jediboy Last post February 25, 2017, 01:48:21 PM
xx Chat - Weekly Comp 25 Feb - 5 March International Weekly Comp Entries 66/0 Jediboy Last post February 25, 2017, 01:46:16 PM
xx What is it? General Discussion 501/12 Reinardina Last post February 24, 2017, 10:50:21 AM
xx CHAT-VISUAL PUN-Weekly Comp 12-19 February 2017 International Weekly Comp Entries 727/12 Reinardina Last post February 23, 2017, 08:40:57 AM
xx ENTRIES-VISUAL PUN-Weekly Comp 12-19 February 2017 International Weekly Comp Entries 490/5 Simple Last post February 20, 2017, 11:04:16 PM
xx ENTRIES - NEGATIVE SPACE - Weekly Challenge 19th Feb - 26th February 2017 International Weekly Comp Entries 175/0 Simple Last post February 18, 2017, 10:54:07 PM