• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 297
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 106
  • Total: 106
If you would like to make a donation to help with the running costs of the site, then a donation button has been added to the bottom of the page.  Thanks.
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

Full Colour Poll

Started by jinky, June 20, 2017, 06:40:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

What`s your favourite picture hitting the brief?

Yellow Yellow

2 (20%)
Summer in the City

0 (0%)
Portofino Posh Shops

6 (60%)
Bee orchid

2 (20%)
Flowers

0 (0%)
Red Rose

0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Voting closed: June 24, 2017, 06:40:22 AM

jinky

Oldboy

Another easy win for Jinky.  :tup:

jinky

Why thank you kindly for all those votes again. This some kind of plot to make me work harder ?  ;)
I`ll work a theme  out now but getting short of ideas   :)

Hinfrance

Well done Paul.

Sorry to hear of the ideas famine - I've not even switched on my main camera for almost two months - got a band reunion gig coming up and have been practicing when not doing house or car maintenance. And now our 16 year old has passed her equivalent of the highway code test* (aced it!) there is another car in the garage to look after.

* you may wonder why she has her own car - here the rules are that at 16 you take your code exam during a series of compulsory driving lessons. At the end of the course of lessons the driving school grant a certificate to drive accompanied by a responsible adult. So the young driver is on the road for 18 months supervised, followed by a final driving test. So at seventeen and a half they can be on the road solo.

And despite all of this training the French still drive like idiots and tailgate as if it were obligatory. Hey ho.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Jediboy

Well done Jinky. Really liked your photo.

Sounds like you're busy H. You'd like to think the roads in France would be a nice place to be.
I've driven quite a bit in Europe. I find France OK but agree with  your point about tailgating, Belgium is awful to drive in. I find the drivers aggressive. Holland is a joy to drive in.  Relaxed with good she well maintained roads.
May the Force be with you.

Chris

Hinfrance

I know it's a bit off topic, but I couldn't agree more about Belgian drivers. A few days ago one of them stopped in front of me on a 90kph main road, halfway around a curve, just because he had seen a truck coming the other way. The (obviously tailgating) French driver behind me skittered to an ABS assisted halt about a metre behind me. I've seen them completely blocking T junctions while they take phone calls/read a map/pick their noses. I even found a Belgian registered Renault Espace sideways across a country lane, completely blocking it, and again halfway around a bend. The driver was reading something.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Reinardina

Very late reaction, but I am losing interest in CC as, yet again, it seems to have died.
Still vote though, and my vote went to the winner. Congratulations Jinky.

About Belgian drivers/driving: it is within living memory (somewhere in the sixties), that compulsory licenses were introduced in Belgium. Till then anyone could be in charge of a vehicle. I believe anyone who asked for one at that time, got a license.

This may explain the chaotic driving skills of old drivers. And maybe because of that, when tests were introduced, they did not really have a good, strict example of how to drive safely. (My interpretation.)

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.