• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 249
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 134
  • Total: 134
Wish
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

What bemused you today?

Started by greypoint, August 24, 2009, 07:51:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jinky

As long as she`s not called Catherine she should have been OK  ;)
Quote from: ABERS on May 04, 2015, 08:06:15 AM
My grandaughter has recently landed the job of pastry chef at Hampton Court and had a strange experience on the second round of her interviews. She had been asked to prepare two desserts for presentation and to bring them for assessment early the next day.

Promptly at 8 a.m. she was making her way to the kitchens in a somewhat deserted corridor when she felt that someone was behind her. She glanced over her shoulder and lo and behold she was being followed by Henry VIII in full regalia. As she looked he muttered a gruff "G'd Morning" and turned down a side corridor.

What she didn't know of course was that there were several school trips planned for the day where the children met the Tudors!

She had a coffee with Cardinal Wolsey the other day!

Reinardina

Quote from: ABERS on May 04, 2015, 08:06:15 AM
My grandaughter has recently landed the job of pastry chef at Hampton Court and had a strange experience on the second round of her interviews. She had been asked to prepare two desserts for presentation and to bring them for assessment early the next day.

Promptly at 8 a.m. she was making her way to the kitchens in a somewhat deserted corridor when she felt that someone was behind her. She glanced over her shoulder and lo and behold she was being followed by Henry VIII in full regalia. As she looked he muttered a gruff "G'd Morning" and turned down a side corridor.

What she didn't know of course was that there were several school trips planned for the day where the children met the Tudors!

She had a coffee with Cardinal Wolsey the other day!

Must be fascinating to work there! Does she work 'behind the scenes,' or is she 'on display,' and possibly in period costume?

A friend and I spent an afternoon at Hampton Court recently, but missed the Cardinal and Henry VIII as they 'appear' in the morning.

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

ABERS

Behind the scenes. If you eat a pastry or cake when you visit, either an ordinary visitor or attending a wedding she will have made it.

Next time you visit R get in touch, we only live about a mile from the gates. I'll treat you to a cake (or two).

Reinardina

Quote from: ABERS on May 04, 2015, 02:44:36 PM
Behind the scenes. If you eat a pastry or cake when you visit, either an ordinary visitor or attending a wedding she will have made it.

Next time you visit R get in touch, we only live about a mile from the gates. I'll treat you to a cake (or two).

We did have tea, but did not touch any cakes. for 'health' (weight) reasons.

And thank you for the invitation, I'll remember it if/when I visit again.

ABERS

Spotted a novel number plate today.

N4DAO

Displayed thus

N4DA
                                 O

Anyone with a smattering of Spanish should appreciate it.

Alfonso_Frisk

Quote from: ABERS on May 05, 2015, 04:00:27 PM

N4DAO

Displayed thus

N4DA
                                 O

All personal number plates look the same to me and spell the word
TVVAT
http://www.fluidr.com/photos/nosmo_king2007
http://www.seateamimages.com/search.php
Wine improves with age, The older I get the more I like it.

jinky

Quote from: Alfonso_Frisk on May 05, 2015, 05:13:23 PM

N4DAO

Displayed thus

N4DA
                                 O

TVVAT

Took me a moment or two there Abers. :). I`m with you AF re: personalised plates  ;)

Graham

Quote from: jinky on May 05, 2015, 05:33:46 PM
Quote from: Alfonso_Frisk on May 05, 2015, 05:13:23 PM

N4DAO

Displayed thus

N4DA
                                 O

TVVAT

Took me a moment or two there Abers. :). I`m with you AF re: personalised plates  ;)
Saw this one on the back of a Porche the other day.

Smacks just a little bit of desperation.
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

ABERS

I feel that whoever thought this plate up was a little more cute than the normal run of the mill " look at me" merchant, like the one Graham just posted.

Number plates have served many a purpose on long journies with two bored kids in the back. ;)

Reinardina

The best one (most personal) I've ever seen, and in my own neighbourhood, was DAV10S.
David being my husband's name, it immediately rang a bell.

ABERS

Like the messages that are sometimes scrawled in the muck and dust on the side or rear of vans. A bit of an old chestnut from way back but still my favourite

Make Love Not War -See driver for details.

Driving to work at Ealing Common a van pulls up by the side of me. R J Singh, Builder and Decorator. You've tried the Cowboys, Now Try the Indians.

Reinardina

Quote from: ABERS on May 06, 2015, 07:32:40 AM
Like the messages that are sometimes scrawled in the muck and dust on the side or rear of vans. A bit of an old chestnut from way back but still my favourite

Make Love Not War -See driver for details.

Driving to work at Ealing Common a van pulls up by the side of me. R J Singh, Builder and Decorator. You've tried the Cowboys, Now Try the Indians.

Great sense of humour! In both cases.

anglefire

I do have a personal plate on my car - made up of my initials and a number which pre-dates when the model was available and the word MUD.

Well, it is on a Land Rover Discovery. :uglystupid2:

It was also quite cheap  ;D
----------------------------------
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

Hinfrance

I have had a couple. One was on  the car when I bought it. The other was the Corvette series number followed by my  initials. These are the only two registration numbers I've had that I can remember: I have only a vague idea of my current registration.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

spinner

Quote from: Hinfrance on May 16, 2015, 09:09:47 PM
I have had a couple. One was on  the car when I bought it. The other was the Corvette series number followed by my  initials. These are the only two registration numbers I've had that I can remember: I have only a vague idea of my current registration.

That's interesting. Here in the colonies, or in my little corner, Ontario, you own your number plate and it stays with you until it's worn out. Personalized plates are an extra cost over and above the license fee. So if we own a personal plate here we're the ones guilty of being TWATs. No blaming on previous owner.  ;D
And more, much more than this, I did it my way
Ol' blue eyes

http://ddsdigita4.wix.com/ddsdigital
https://www.flickr.com/photos/spin498/

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.