• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 249
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 121
  • Total: 121
  • Google
7ds
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

Paint shop pro x4 Ultimate

Started by Karen, September 03, 2012, 12:47:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldboy

Quote from: Karen on September 07, 2012, 07:32:47 PM
haha go away you're costing me too much. I just bought PSP a new camera and a new lens and now ASP all in the one week I'll get killed if I chance anymore lol  :legit:

Come on, you know you want too!  :2funny: :-*

Karen

Still waiting on my aftershot Pro arriving hopefully tomorrow  :-\

Hinfrance

Why don't you download it?

I've found that Paintshop hangs on PEF files, and is very very slow to start, around half an hour  :knuppel2:, if the organiser is focused on images not in the default images folder (in my case hardly any, as they are all on removable drives).

It has some very interesting features though and it is early days yet for me in getting to know it.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Karen

Im old fashioned hehe I like a box. Mines is never slow to load. Im not so impressed with the HDR function on X4 as X2 I still havent mastered what Im meant to do with it yet the old one was easy just align your shots and then decide how strong the effect needed to be this one doesnt seem to have the same flexibility

SimonW

Hinfrance,

I've used PSP since its extremely early (free) JASC days and found it very useful though with occasional odd bugs - and I think that's still the case. But my PSP X4 opens and runs very quickly, and works fine with my Pentax PEF RAW files - though I do prefer Adobe Camera Raw for doing this.

Just recently PSP started crashing whenever I tried to go from Edit or Adjust (where the organiser bar appeared as it should) to the Manage Module. (I suspect that this started to happen after I started to use the Adobe Elements organiser on the same machine, thinking I might use it instead.) Anyway, Corel's support replied overnight to my request for help:-

Thank you for contacting Corel Customer Support.The issue is most likely related to the corrupt cache files in the program. To troubleshoot the issue, we need to restore the program into its factory default to rebuild the cache file the next time you use the software. To do this, please press Shift key then hold, launch Corel PaintShop Pro X4 and accept the default workspace when prompted. Refer to the following Knowledge Base article for the related information:
http://corel.force.com/index/articles/en_US/Master_Article/How-to-reset-or-restore-PaintShop-Pro-X4-to-its-default-or-original-settings
Regards, Nelson,Corel Customer Support Services

This fixed my fault and gave me added confidence in Corel. Perhaps it will help you as well.

Simon
Simon Warren
(in Dunning, Scotland)

Hinfrance

Done a shift run-up and it is starting much more quickly now.

It still hangs when trying to open a PEF file. I have a K10D too, so I tried one of those as you reckon they are OK, but no difference. Going off to have a look at the tutorials for a while.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Karen

God I'm such a saddo I find myself always loading up X2 cause I'm so used to it. I'm just going to sell X4 ultimate I think :legit:

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.