• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 297
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 265
  • Total: 265
  • Google
millets
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

Recent posts

DSLR Cameras / Re: I must be one of the rare ...
Last post by anglefire - January 01, 2024, 04:32:23 PM
Having not wanting to jump to mirrorless for years, I made that jump this (Oops, last) year and now have 2. Several reasons for not wanting to go, the main one being the viewfinder being laggy and pixelated - but that has all changed now and lag is imperceptible and the resolution is brilliant.

As you know, I have kept with Canon too, and you can use the older EF lenses with a converter on the latest R system - which makes the cost more bearable than having to completely switch. I only have one RF lens still - though I am considering another, though I want to try it first.

I did borrow the Rp - something like a 26Mp sensor and it is really good - body is plastic which put me off as I do tend to use my gear in fairly harsh conditions - at the time I also wanted higher resolution (The R5 is 45Mp). The AF is very similar to the R5 too and its brilliant - you would find it a revelation from the 30D!

It would be worth trying one via try the kit - https://testdrive.trythekit.com/products/HAC00-06398-canon-eos-rp-with-rf-24-105mm-f4l-is-usm-and-ef-eos-r-adapter-kit/ this link is for the Rp and 24-105 and an EF adapter - but others are available. 1 or 2 day hire is free - and you get a discount voucher if you then go onto buy it.

General Discussion / Re: Do You Shoot Photos With O...
Last post by anglefire - January 01, 2024, 04:22:09 PM
Mostly one eye it has to be said, but sometimes 2 - especially if trying to see something come into frame (Like a car if shooting motorsport!)
General Discussion / Re: Learning Resources
Last post by anglefire - January 01, 2024, 04:20:24 PM
I do a lot of learning with Youtube - particularly editing, but to a degree techniques - though most of those are trial and error, but some of the particular settings (AF options on my new camera's are mind blowing!) are best learnt from people that have more time on their hands - or need to learn being pro!
General Discussion / Photography and Time of Day
Last post by Mick - January 01, 2024, 07:52:40 AM
Photography and Time of Day:

What's your favourite time of day to shoot?
General Discussion / Photography and Seasons.
Last post by Mick - January 01, 2024, 07:35:08 AM
Photography and Seasons.

Which season inspires your photography the most?
General Discussion / Learning Resources
Last post by Mick - January 01, 2024, 07:29:17 AM
Learning Resources

How do you prefer to learn new photography techniques?
General Discussion / Favourite Photography Techniqu...
Last post by Mick - January 01, 2024, 07:22:13 AM
Favourite Photography Technique

Which photography technique do you enjoy the most?
General Discussion / Photography Challenges.
Last post by Mick - January 01, 2024, 07:16:19 AM
Your Photography Challenges.

What's the most challenging aspect of photography for you?
General Discussion / What's your favourite photogra...
Last post by Mick - January 01, 2024, 07:10:26 AM
What's your favourite photography subject to capture?
General Discussion / Re: Another forum is going.
Last post by Mick - January 01, 2024, 06:26:46 AM
Well POTN has now closed its doors.  Just a single announcement page left. 
Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.