• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 136
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 109
  • Total: 109
bhphotovideo
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

Fan type whirring noise

Started by jinky, February 24, 2015, 07:26:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jinky

Quote from: ABERS on February 25, 2015, 04:22:25 PM
Quote from: jinky on February 25, 2015, 02:23:02 PM
Shouldn`t cost me more than £30 all in for the 2 visits and fan.

Blimey, they come cheap where you live.! :o
Yes nice lad who says he'd do it for the one hour call out fee (£25) and price of fan even though he has to come back. Working OK now and I've paid nothing so far  :). It's all cheaper up north!

jinky

Quote from: jinky on February 25, 2015, 05:39:25 PM
Quote from: ABERS on February 25, 2015, 04:22:25 PM
Quote from: jinky on February 25, 2015, 02:23:02 PM
Shouldn`t cost me more than £30 all in for the 2 visits and fan.

Blimey, they come cheap where you live.! :o
Yes nice lad who says he'd do it for the one hour call out fee (£25) and price of fan even though he has to come back. Working OK now and I've paid nothing so far  :). It's all cheaper up north!

Well - I think the computer is better now. Certainly not whirring fan yet. Having given it a good clean out the guy went away saying I`d need a new fan and not to pay yet. He then looked up the issue and suggested a new fan would not make a difference according to others experiences and suggested I install Open Hardware Monitor, manually set fan and uninstall a "Dell Support Agent"  software that came onto the machine at around the time my troubles started. Touch wood - seems OK now. As he did so little the guy has only charged me £10 which covers the call out, clean and advice. he could have charged me for the fan and I`d never have known it wasn`t needed so I`ll be using him again.

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.