• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 297
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 48
  • Total: 48
millets
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

What made you feel good today

Started by greypoint, August 13, 2009, 10:26:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jinky

Quote from: Reinardina on July 08, 2016, 05:31:09 PM
Give me a Flying Dutchman, a turbulent ocean, creaking timbers, and wind whistling in the rigging anytime.
The excitement of a fight with the elements, must win hands down, over succumbing by a little pool.

Not for me - I`d be sick. Pool sounds the better bet for me although I rarely lie out in the sun. Like to wander and take shots.

Reinardina

That pool is dangerous, possibly as dangerous as the Flying Dutchman, if not more so.

Chris is hearing (not listening to) Peruvian music. In Tenerife! Soothing music at that. If she's not careful, she'll be lured away to an unknown world.

Fine, if it is a better one, but she could share the fate of the Flying Dutchman; doomed to do the same thing for ever.

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

DigiDiva

Please visit my website @ www.sunderlandwallart.com

Oldboy

Quote from: DigiDiva on July 08, 2016, 09:07:37 PM
Well I'm easily lured! !!!

Weak willed I guess.  :D

Quote from: jinky on July 06, 2016, 12:33:06 PM
Just starting the process of setting up my new Medion PC with lots more memory. First impressions are - whoa that windows 10 looks different. Loaded my free anti virus, taken off Mcaffee and now starting with Microsoft office, photoshop and lightroom and praying that my serial numbers work and I get it on ok as I cannot remember my adobe identity. Not too happy with the dvd /cd tray opening but guess i`ll get used to it.
The part I hate is looking for the serial numbers, as it's so long since I installed it, I can't remember where I put them!  :uglystupid2:

spinner

Quote from: jinky on July 06, 2016, 12:33:06 PM
Just starting the process of setting up my new Medion PC with lots more memory. First impressions are - whoa that windows 10 looks different. Loaded my free anti virus, taken off Mcaffee and now starting with Microsoft office, photoshop and lightroom and praying that my serial numbers work and I get it on ok as I cannot remember my adobe identity. Not too happy with the dvd /cd tray opening but guess i`ll get used to it.

Doing something similar. Picked up a Refurbished Dell Aspirion laptop. Has Win10 but not happy with it's performance compared to my PC with Win10. So I've picked up a new hard drive and going to see how it runs with Linux Mint on it.  I think the big issue is all the preinstalled CrapWare that comes on the Dell. Much like Mac, the new Win 10 system has taken away a lot of the user's ability to fiddle with things. I'm happy with the hardware specs but annoyed by Win 10's 'reluctance' to let me change the default browser away from Edge and dumping the Cortana program. Despite growing up with Star Trek, I just can't bring myself to talk to a machine.  ;D
And more, much more than this, I did it my way
Ol' blue eyes

http://ddsdigita4.wix.com/ddsdigital
https://www.flickr.com/photos/spin498/

Oldboy

Quote from: spinner on July 09, 2016, 01:11:05 PM
Despite growing up with Star Trek, I just can't bring myself to talk to a machine.  ;D

Never dealt with government or council departments then?  :o 

spinner

Quote from: Oldboy on July 09, 2016, 06:25:24 PM
Quote from: spinner on July 09, 2016, 01:11:05 PM
Despite growing up with Star Trek, I just can't bring myself to talk to a machine.  ;D

Never dealt with government or council departments then?  :o

Voice mail you mean, yes, but I know subconsciously there's a human being at the other end. It's talking to a soulless, humourless pile of electronics that leaves me self-conscious.  :doh:
And more, much more than this, I did it my way
Ol' blue eyes

http://ddsdigita4.wix.com/ddsdigital
https://www.flickr.com/photos/spin498/

anglefire

Not today actually, but last weekend - Went to Le Mans for the Classic - and had a fabulous time - weather was glorious - high 20's from when we got there on the Thursday to the Sunday - and even Monday when we left was ok, dry at least and still shorts weather! There were some lovely vehicles
----------------------------------
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

Reinardina

Wow, that must have been quite exciting! And to see those great machines as an added bonus, must have made your weekend.  ;)

anglefire

It was! On the Sunday we watched a "Le Mans" Start (Its only a demo and they reform at the start of the Mulsanne Straight) and then do a rolling start.

The Le Mans start was quite amusing - the drivers weren't exactly runners! - but it was the rolling start that was a bit shocking - from the noise! We were stood by the start effectively between the grandstands and when the leading cars came through - big V8's with as little exhausts as they could get away thundered passed and was truly deafening - your whole body vibrated. Fantastic!!

We did get passed on the way home by something like a Ferrari 250GTO - between £5-10M apparently!

Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

Reinardina

So you had your fill of decibels and powerful engines.

The sort of thing I would have loved, when I was (a lot) younger, but I somehow lost interest. That 'somehow' being acquiring a husband and a daughter.

anglefire

I have a wife - who was with me and enjoyed it too. The 2 kids (girls) stayed at home - one had to as she was at school - the other one didn't want to come!

It actually clashed with another event that we normally help out with - I've done it in one way or another since I was about 22 and with my girlfriend (Now wife) for probably 25years - only missing one 18 years ago when the first born came along. But it was too good an opportunity to miss and probably won't repeat as it is not a cheap weekend!
Mark

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

anglefire

Oh, and I did get to go out in this (I am in the car at this point - a challenge in itself!)

Its a replica of a AC Daytona Coupe - they only made 6 of the original ones - this has the chassis like the original, but has a 1989 Mustang engine/gearbox and back axle. Even with 90% of the emissions crap taken off. it passes the 2016 emission regulations! Weighs less than a tonne and the 4.7lt V8 produces about 220Bhp so is fairly brisk.
Mark

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

Reinardina

It got better and better by the look of it!

My enthusiasm for fast cars and motorbikes, cannot have been that deep rooted, and probably came (and went) with certain boyfriends.

When I discovered cruising (in ships!!!), my life changed (and I met my future husband), but I kept my love for engine rooms. Sadly they were strictly off limits, and I only occasionally managed to get a peep in. Fascinating places, especially in the older ships; now it's all computers I believe, though there still must be powerful engines that actually drive the ship.

So, the love of engineering is still there, only in a totally different way.

jinky

Quote from: Reinardina on July 15, 2016, 08:00:21 AM
It got better and better by the look of it!

My enthusiasm for fast cars and motorbikes, cannot have been that deep rooted, and probably came (and went) with certain boyfriends.

When I discovered cruising (in ships!!!), my life changed (and I met my future husband), but I kept my love for engine rooms. Sadly they were strictly off limits, and I only occasionally managed to get a peep in. Fascinating places, especially in the older ships; now it's all computers I believe, though there still must be powerful engines that actually drive the ship.

So, the love of engineering is still there, only in a totally different way.

I`ve just won a competition to do a backstage visit on a cruise ship seeing the kitchens / bridge etc and getting a free lunch / cocktail demonstration and trial  in one of the speciality restaurants on the Emerald princess in Southampton. Fortunately we`re visiting my daughter nearby in the few days before so works out well. Should be fun!

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.