• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 297
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 71
  • Total: 71
wex
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

A stressful moment

Started by SimonW, April 17, 2017, 11:10:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SimonW

I've been doing this each year for quite a while. This year the first jack of the season was delivered by our newest member before her first game. Getting everyone organised, and clicking the shutter at exactly the right moment with the bowl airborne - with only one chance it's never easy. There's always someone hiding behind someone else (and unavoidably the President always gets in the way) and I always take a quick second shot so that I can edit someone who had their eyes closed. This time it almost came together, except that the flag blew to a very unfortunate looking fold, so this is pasted from the second shot.

I've also removed a visible sensor dust spot near the flag (in both shots). But the cause of this appears to have since been removed from the sensor by the Pentax sensor shake dust removal system which I have set to operate each time I switch the camera off.
Simon Warren
(in Dunning, Scotland)

jinky

Nice one. I`ve taken up bowls too. Got into a team end of last season and won a few games. Stepped up a league this season and won my first pairs game so looking good. It`s a great game to  pick up I`ve found and I`m in a lovely club where I am not the oldest nor the youngest!

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.